Below is an overview of recent updates to the Government guidance regarding funeral service and the procedures that we have put in place to protect you, your family and our staff. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If Someone has died:
- Call us as soon as possible. We are available 24 hours, seven days a week and when ready, we will convey your loved one into our care with utmost dignity and respect.
Arranging the funeral:
- You can arrange the funeral with us by telephone, video conference or in person.
Visiting our Funeral Homes:
- Please call us first. We will make an appointment for you to visit and ask that a maximum of 2 people attend at any one time to ensure that safe social distancing can be practised.
- We request that you wear a face covering at all times and use hand sanitiser when entering and exiting the building.
- If you feel unwell, are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or are self- isolating, please do not visit our offices.
- Spending time with your loved one in our Chapel of Rest is still possible; but we ask that a maximum of two close members of the family visit at any one time.
- The maximum legal number of attendees is determined by the capacity of the chapel/church and face coverings must be worn - unless the person is exempt. For churchyards and cemeteries; restrictions are determined by the church/cemetery manager of the site. Outside, it is still advisable to wear face coverings and distance from each other. We will advise you accordingly.
- It is our clients' responsibility to ensure the invitation of only the legal limit of attendees at the funeral. To assist you, we will provide a helpful form for the listing of attendee names.
- Funeral services should be regarded as private, so that you are able to control the number of attendees.
- If you are self-isolating and displaying no symptoms - ask us for guidance. It is advisable not to attend if you feel unwell, or are displaying symptoms.
- Whether fixed or movable seating is available, social distancing applies.
- Hymn singing is not permitted but recordings can be played. Six amateur musicians are permitted to perform if able to safely distance at the venue.
- Hymn books have been removed from venues but we can still provide printed orders of service.
- The service can be live-streamed from most Crematoria for those unable to attend.
- A donation box can be made available at the service. Alternatively, we can reate an on-line giving page for you at www.memorygiving.com
- Our limousines have screens fitted to separate mourners from their chauffeur - hand sanitiser is available. It is recommended that members of more than one household/support bubble travelling together should wear face coverings.
- Attendance at commemorative events (post-funeral gathering/burial of cremated remains/memorial service) is limited to 30 attendees.
“I am very grateful to all your staff for their help and assistance and kindness, we were very pleased with the service.”
“We would like to thank you very much for everything you have done for us in the last three difficult weeks, it has been much appreciated.”
“Thank you for your help and very professional service you offered to us.”
“On behalf of the family I would like to thank each and everyone at J R Williams for their kind help and assistance over everything, for your understanding and support for this troublesome time.”
“Thank you so much for all your help and support in making mums day a true celebration of her life.”
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and all at J R Williams for all your support and kindness.”
“Just a note to thank you sincerely for your very kind and professional handling of mum's funeral.”
“We wish to thank you for the professional way and support you gave in the arrangement of mum's funeral.”
“We thank you and everyone at J R Williams for their care and attention with regards to the funeral. At this difficult and sad time, has been very much appreciated.”
“On behalf of all the family a big thank you to you John and everyone at J R Williams for all the organising and delivering a first class and perfect service.”